Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Is my postflop play here wayyyy too weak?

Live tournament,$100 buy-in. We are down to the final 8,top 7 pays,and play has tightened up considerably since we got close to the money.No-one seems to want to risk their stack with marginal hands,so every preflop raise has to be taken seriously,I have not seen anyone blatantly steal at the FT so far.

Blinds are 1500/3k,no ante.

MP ,young kid,prob the most active player left,pretty LAG earlier in tourney,but like everyone else he's tightened up now.

LP ,older woman,calling station,saw plenty of flops but seemed to c/f if she missed completely,but would pay you off bigtime if she got a part of it.

Stacksizes,
MP 40k
LP 50k
Hero(SB) 70k
BB 20k
Rest of the table are in the 30k range.

MP minraises to 6k, LP calls. I'm SB w A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I was strongly considering raising here,but I'm very unsure where they are at. LP worries me the most,if she has a pair,she may or may not fold to a shove,I feel certain she will call a 3-4 bet. I felt superconfident I was the best player at the table,so I wasn't sure that I wanted to risk most of my stack coinflipping at this stage.Also,no reason MP couldn't have a strong hand here.....soooo I decide to just call.

Then of course BB shoves,and both MP and LP calls.I'm left with same question,should I push?? Right now I'm not too worried about OR,pretty sure he shoves a big hand here,LP different story.Would she isolate with hands like AK or a big pair? Probably not,then again,that doesn't mean she's got that,she could easily have any two facecards.

As it is live,it is all pretty read dependent,I felt everyone here had good hands and that my FE wasn't that great.That combined with the fact that I knew I could def steal blinds to keep my stack at a decent level made me call.In hindsight though I'm wondering if my play here is just too weak.