Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM

Default OT: investing Bankroll

Hey, i think this situation may apply to a decent amount of SSNLers, so hopefully I can get some feedback.

I am a US player and I currently have my bankroll spread across 3 sites I play at (Stars, FT, UB). I have about 47BI's or so for my main NLHE limit. The past couple of months, I have been very busy studying for GREs/doing graduate school application stuff/working 40hrs in a medical lab/volunteering in a research lab and haven't been playing much poker. My bankroll has been esentially sitting idly in my accounts, not getting too much returns.

I was wondering how practical it would be for me to keep some of my bankroll off sites and collecting interest on any investments. I would only transfer them back into the sites if I go on a downswing or whatever. Again, I am a US player so this transfer process could cause a problem. I believe most nosebleed stakes players have foreign bank accounts to transfer to and from sites. How practical would it be for me to try and get a bank account somewhere in norway or something (Can i even do that?), since I don't trust ePassport.

If anyone does something similar to this, I would love some feedback. I would be looking to invest around 10-12k or so, preferably with a decent ROI, but not TOO much risk. The general consensus in the investment forum seems to be INGDirect, but I'm not sure it's worth the trading costs.

I'm posting this here instead of the investment forum because:
a)I'm going to be investing a lot less than people over there do
b)I'm probably a lot more risk averse than they are
c)They don't have to deal the possibility of constantly moving their money around.
d)I want to hear experiences of any SSNLer who do this

Thanks a lot.