Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Fish in a Barrel...

A lot of the books I have read are about solid play. Some go into loose aggressive play but not many. There's lots of theory, odds, outs, etc. Lots of how to play tourneys early, mid, late, heads up and on and on.

What I have found sadly lacking is how to play against very bad opponents. I have at least two books full of NL theory and then on one page it describes "When playing against very bad players, loose callers, etc simply play straightforward poker. Value bet. Don't bluff and don't slowplay."

Is there a book out there that expands on that thought to more than one page? Here are some guys I need to beat:

1. Chronic min-raisers.

2. Bets pot on every street.

3. Bets minimum on every street.

4. Limps UTG with K6off.

5. Goes all-in for 1500 when blinds are 10/20.

6. Plays randomly, bluffs randomly, bets randomly.

7. Plays a paired Arag like it's the nuts.

8. etc.

I know mostly what the remedy is, price them out of draws, play position, raise pf for value, jada, jada, jada.

But is there a book out there that has a large chunk which analyzes the play of these guys. There must be several categories they can fall under and I'm looking for insight. If they are truly random, I suppose you can only play an odds game. But these guys must have patterns.