Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Big, elaborate multi-street bluffs in 3bet pots @ 200 NL

Hero should be viewed as pretty taggy, and has shown no previous spew. These 2 hands occurred at different tables.

Hand 1:

Villain is MP and runs around 45/38/4, so very aggro.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $198.00
BB: $213.30
UTG: $674.20
MP: $206.75
CO: $341.00
Hero (BTN): $245.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $7.00</font>, MP calls $7.00, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28.00</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $21.00

UTG had very high PFR, so I felt his range was wide, even from UTG. I expect him to fold most of the time being OOP. MP (villain) has been very aggro and active, so I felt he would have 3bet the original pfr with a real hand. So this is a pretty textbook squeeze play. A bit surprised with villain calling the 3bet oop.

Flop: ($66) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $42.00</font>, MP calls $42.00

Standard cbet on ragged flop. Repping JJ-AA, which I have about 80% of the time in these spots (I don't really get out of line).

Turn: ($150) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $150.00</font>

Time to pull the trigger for real. I expect this to fold mid pairs that may still be hanging around (66-99). I don't expect many hands holding a T to be around given the flop action, and this may fold them out too. Plus villain may be trying some nth level thinking with an oop float intending to bluff river (though doubtful). Oh, and I picked up outs.

Hand 2:

I have a note on villain saying that he 3bets quite a bit out of the blinds. With that in mind...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $177.45
BB: $221.70
UTG: $203.00
CO: $635.15
Hero (BTN): $238.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $25.00</font>, Hero calls $18.00

Fairly standard button raise, BB 3bets, and I call intending to make a move postflop. I often flatcall these spots with big pairs too.

Flop: ($51) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $33.00</font>, Hero calls $33.00

Float, obv.

Turn: ($117) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $95.00</font>

Complete the float with a near-PSB. Obv have to call a c/rai since villain does not have much behind the bet, and I have outs.

So what does SSNL think of these hands? Like it, or am I just spewing?