Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Problem with PokerStars cashout request

I have been cutting back in my online play over the past year or so. A couple weeks ago I emailed a few sites i have the most money on (including PokerStars)about how to withdraw funds since neteller is no longer available for US players. I specifically told PokerStars I was planning on withdrawing some of my money.

Well I received a transfer from another player at poker stars the same day I request a cashout (the transfer was less than half the cashout request, and I was leaving money on to play with as well.

And they inquire and then deny my cashout accusing me of cashing out the transferred money. I told them I had been planning a cashout and sent a copy of the email from 2 weeks prior indicating this (apparently they just ignored this).

They tell me this: We are no longer allowing cashouts of transfers where you
have not played with the funds. Often people do this to pay off debts
incurred outside of our site. This new policy is due to the rising costs
of processing cashouts which we cover for our playing customers.

So I tell them again that the cashout was previously planned and the transfer is incidental and a cooincidence (they ignore this as well).

So then I email support complaining and telling them I want to close my account and want to know how much the 'cost of processing a cashout' is as this is the reason they touted as why they were denying my cashout.

So then the get back to me saying 'fraud is another possiblity' players sometimes deposit using a credit card and then cashout, bla, bla. (we are talking about a $300 transfer here).

They tell me, transfer the funds back and you can cashout.

So it seems to me at this point their postion is that I need to transfer the fund back or continue to play with the funds I have on deposit there and loose it all since they are not allowing me to cashout my funds.

I have emails to prove I was inquiring about cashouts from PokerSTars and other sites that I offered to show them (they ignored this also).

Is this crazy or am I crazy? It seems like they are using the cooincidence that a player transferred me money close to the time that I requested a cashout as an excuse to not give me my money (that I indicated I was planning on requesting 2 weeks prior).

I thought PokerStars was supposed to be a quality site. They are giving me the run around.

Is there some conspiracy to deny US players from cashing out funds from poker sites?

And if they are concerned about fraud, why would I only request a partial cashout of my funds? And why would my money be available to play with all along?

I do not trust PokerStars right now. A simple transfer from another player that is cooincidentally on the same day as my previously planned cashout (that they were notifed I was planning 2 weeks prior) and my money is being held hostage for me to loose and never be allowed to withdraw?

Why are they ignoring the fact that I told them I was planning a cashout and that I also have evidence that I inquired about (and am planning) cashouts from other sites?

I have never even transferred to a player at poker stars or had a player transfer to me before (or at any other site except rakebacks) and they are treating me like a redheaded stepchild.

I have saved copies of all the emails. I am hoping to hear back from a supervisor soon but this is very frustrating, I don't like to have to argue to get money that belongs to me and that was on loan to them for free for over a year for them to earn interest on.... and at the moment my understanding is that it is being held until I loose it all as they are denying cashouts????