Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Curious why you say that

I always grit my teeth now when I play at the B. If you want to play at the 25-50NL level or anything above 100-200 limit, the there is only one game in town.

One of the worst guys there was a daytime high limit brush named "John". He's working the low limits at Venetian the last time I saw him during WSOP. I distinctly remember one trip I had last Nov when I walked into the B and put my name on the 10-20 and 25-50NL list early afternoon one Friday.

It was not busy at all but since I just got in twon, I was saying hi to my friends there and just bumming around. John calls me down for 10-20 and asks me how many chips I want. I reach in my pocket, pull out a flag (5k chip) and ask him for a rack of 20's (2k) 10 blacks (1k) and 2k in thousand chips.

I tell the table I'm playing 3k and he comes back in no time flat as there is no line at the cage. I ask the dealer to chop a $20 chip and I give John $10. He mumbles thanks and shakes his head a little like he should get the whole $20. I'm like WTF? I just get in town and this is the crap I get. I've never given him a penny since then and smirked a little when I saw him hustling chips for the 1-2NL games at the Venetian.