Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for violating drug policy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if this will have the same effect as it had in the early 90s with smaller guys (HBK, hart) getting pushed big

[/ QUOTE ]
They actually have a guy named CM Punk who is straightedge; no drugs, no alcohol, no promiscuous sex, lots of tattoos. That's not just his gimmick, either, he's straightedge in real life too. Plus the kids love him, and he had some amazing matches when he was in ROH (his 60 minute time limit draw with Samoa Joe was the first 5-star American match in 7 years). So, if it's anyone, it'll probably be him.

[ QUOTE ]
Great points Vickrey, earlier TNA did have a lot of non-WWE main event type wrestlers at the top (Samoa Joe, Christian (singles), AJ Styles) putting on good matches.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know! They just overbook the hell out of everything now. Christian vs Angle vs Joe vs AJ in a ladder match for the title would have sold a million PPVs. Old and new big names, all quality workers, and a match with huge potential.

Instead they turned it into Christian vs Angle vs Joe vs AJ vs A Mystery Man in a reverse ladder match with a 2 minute penalty box and a qualifier that you have to pin someone to be able to climb the ladder in order to hang the I CAN'T EVEN FINISH THE DESCRIPTION JUST LET THEM HAVE THE MATCH

[/ QUOTE ]

CM punk just won the title on ECW. I suppose we could of guessed that would be happening so you could be right.