Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Advice wanted in finding a dealer job in Las Vegas

Hello all,
I've lurked for awhile and recently have been a little more active with my posts. I've played poker for the last fifteen years and tried making a go of professional poker player the last three years. Too many leaks and a total disregard for money ended that profession early this year.

Long story short, I am here in Las Vegas and have recently finished dealer school. I have had auditions at Stratosphere, Caesars and Flamingo (for O'Sheas) - all have said that they we're surprised that I was a 'break in' but they just did not have any positions available.

I have been to others as well and many times were referred to HR to fill out an application. Next week I am going to make my rounds again, with the intention of dressing in my black and whites and introducing myself to the poker room manager / decision maker and seeing if they would audition me.

My question for this forum is what advice you guys can give me to help me in my quest to become a Las Vegas poker dealer?

Thank you much.