Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Ask me about being a sports writer!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just find it amazing so many don't understand the necessity of that sort of reporting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it amazing that you seemingly don't understand that the story you worked on was hardly news and you have already admitted it to be, more or less, a fluff piece. I also find it amazing that you feel that people think you should "be a cheerleader" and not ask important questions. No one is saying that at all.

Asking the dude what his thoughts are on having such a dubious record is not an "important" question. Honestly, what sort of answer were you hoping to get out of him? Outside of him blowing up, you're going to get one of an infinite amount of athletes' cliche answers.

You seem like every other sportswriter who overvalues his knowledge of and importance to the game. The fact that you didn't understand the question about sportswriters being dumb or dumbing down their material tells me a lot.

I'm glad Barry Larkin snapped at you. Oh, boo hoo, an athlete ripped you a new one for asking a stupid question. Grow a pair of balls. It's good to see athletes who don't always play the media's game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost not even worth responding to...but, sheer stupidity and blatant vulture-ness requires a retort.

Sigh..one more time. It was a sidebar...perhaps you need me to explain what that is? And it was newsworthy (do you need me to explain that to you as well...the true definition, not uninformed ignorant opinion of the definition like you have?) because it not only broke a long standing MLB record, but coincided with the most cruicial point of the game.

The fact you can't see that is newsworthy is laughable is is your ridiculously defensive, weird post. Bottom line is this...I'm not going to argue true journalism, what is or isn't news with someone who is COMPLETELY ignorant of the fact and who is just looking to pick at me to get his jollies.

You sound like an idiot..truly. Take a moment and read and try to absorbe instead of forming an opinion off the bat and not caring what someone like me (who has life experience in the field) knows to be the case. It was newsworthy and you're a clueless moron if you don't think it was based on the what I've gone over constantly.