Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Ever think about who we assasinate?

[ QUOTE ]

Basically, my point is that Guids is acting like an ignorant fool to expect Nielso to know who certain americans are, because there are a lot of people that EVERYONE from a certain nation knows about that americans haven't ever heard of. Nielso isn't american so it's unreasonable to expect that he knows who malcolm x or bobby kennedy are.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right about American not knowing a lot of political figures of others countries.
However The United States are not just another country, but they kinda are the dominant power of the second half of the century. I would expect anyone to be able to name every american president since WW2, as I would expect anyone to be able to name every general secretary of the communist party of the USSR. I would note except a random American to know every German Chancelor.
Malcom X and Bobby Kennedy are important figures in World history. If you've read anything about the Sixties, you're bound to have heard of them. The same is not true for everyone on your list.
Of course, they is definitely a western bias, which explains that someone like Bhuto is often overlooked.