Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Frustration...

After my first 135 Sit-n-goes i have an ROI of -1.21%... I usually make it to the final 6 players just playing tight and(from what i understand so far) standard low level blind play. But when the blinds get to 75-150 and above i pretty much have no idea what to do... i'll often have a stack of 10bb or less with the blinds going up next hand... and push something like a K9 without any idea if its correct or not... a lot of the situations i think to myself "what would the guys at 2+2 say to do" I'll try and take a step back from the situation and take in all the info that i can (stack sizes... blinds... starting hand... how villain(s) is playing...number of players left etc...) and still be completely stuck...

i really want to join SNG icons (looks like the best videos for STT and i would want to support guys that post on here...) but my bankroll is 100 (79$ now...) and i play 3.40s so i dont think its practical to pay upwards of 150 dollars even though i want to learn... i have the new Sit-n-go Book from 2+2 and have read it once... the only thing that i really took away from it was how to play low blinds, EV and tournament equity...

i have been lurking these forms for a little while and just recently started to post hands and questions... but what is the best way without spending hundreds of dollars on software or videos to learn mid-high blind play and what to do on the bubble. i guess I'm just sort of venting right now and mad, mainly at my self for not being able to figure it out on my own...