Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Online poker

Does anyone else feel like they get sucked out per hand alot more often when playing online? I play a loose pre-flop poker(my post flop poker is very strong), tend to play on fulltilt, i have played for about 6 months and when i am 80+% to win in a hand i tend to lose them about half the time.
I have had 2 horrible bad beats on fulltilt recently, one was in a 3rd round ME freeroll( managed to win a 630 FR and make top 9 outa 3200 in round 2), about 50 people left. I was UTG with 7-8 spades, i was above avg stacked at the table(about 11k), blinds were 100-200 and avg stack was 7500. I raised to 500 ( I had been raisin alot pree-flop, people like to see flops too much and it is nice to thin down field). I had 3 callers, one at UTG+2 and sb and bb both called.

Flop-9s-10s-Js
Good thing it was online.... could barely contain myself.

sb-check
bb-check
me- bet 400
utg+2, sb, bb- call

turn- Qs

I dislike that alot, i hate it actually, we all check it.

River- Ks

I start laughin, and keep laughin, and cussin.

sb-check
bb-check
me-check
utg+2- raise all in

sb-call
bb-call

me- Without hesitation i fold, i dont know why, probably because i was so pissed off, either way....

UTG+ 2 wins pot of about 23k with royal flush...

sb had pock 10's, bb had pock J's, utg+2 had As-4s... So it goes... I busted next hand to the guy with royal, had pocket J's to his K's. oops.

Other hand was at a 1$-2$ NLHE 7 handed, i sitdown at table with 100$, and pick up pocket aces first hand. Im UTG+4, utg1-3 all call, i raise to 15$, sb and bb who both call, folds to utg+3 who pushes all in( he had 135 and had apparently just lost 95$ to a suckout on riv, his holdings were Qs-Qh), I insta call and dont want action, sb and bb both fold.

Flop-Ah-As-Jh
I start dancin and laughin.
turn-10h
Dosn't faze me.
river- Kh

So it goes. Runner runner royal, gee wiz FT, thanks alot. My bank at the start of the hand was 145 total, i had freerolled it and then played cash games(1.25 sng's) in about 2 weeks.

2 hands dosn't mean much, but those are just the ones i remember the most. My problems tend to come from people(when in tourneys) who i push all in on the turn(usually with good pairs, 2p's, sets, straights, ect) and they usually call without proper odds and catch their 8 outers and 11 outers, anyone have the same [censored] happen constantly to them too?