Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2007, 08:07 AM

Default Re: NL10, set oop, villain plays good, drawlike board

My 1p.

With a small PP (like 55/66 or lower) in the blinds I prefer checking/calling and looking for a set depending on who is in the pot. If you're correct about this guy being a multitabling TAG type he's probably got a weak/medium hand and wont call a raise from you. So this gives you options:

Option 1: Raise it up, take the 25c profit, make the CB if he calls etc.

Option 2: Just complete, hope that you catch your set and he gets a pair/draw/whatever, then see how much he will throw into the pot before he folds/loses to your set, potentially winning you a lot more. This is the riskier play.

Personally I prefer option two, though i'm not sure if that's text book play with only one limper before you. With more limpers that becomes the only real option.

77 or higher I usually raise if there is a limper or two, I follow it up with a CB on the flop.

On the flop I'd bet 25/30c, just a tad more than you did. My reasoning is that he (button/BB) will call a bet that size with a jack or a FD/SD. Also he's going to be folding a 4 to any size of bet. Probably.

I like what you did on the turn =) i'd come out and bet around pot like you. Sneaking an extra 10c in the pot is awesome, i'm gunna start doing that. My reasoning is that if he'll call a pot sized bet he'll probably call an extra 10c too, it's not much but you're probably ahead so why not see how much you can coax out of him. Every little helps =)

Now then, river... The card of doom has arrived crushing your dreams of an easy hand. I think a bet of around $1.20 would be better against an average $10NL player, if they've not got the flush the third heart will scare them too, so putting in any more than that will scare away hands you beat. If he has the flush he'll let you know.

Which he did. Your call is based on frustration I suppose (which everybody is prone to, myself included). You must focus Daniel-san!