Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rank Carolina?
3rd 3 8.57%
4th 3 8.57%
5th 8 22.86%
6th 9 25.71%
7th 7 20.00%
8th 2 5.71%
9th 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: HIgh Stakes Poker 4 thread (8/27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That Brian Brandon guy seems like a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. It's sad that he's going to get more recognition from this show for being an ass than he would otherwise. The way TV poker is done it simply pays to be a douche, just look at which players end up getting TV time and sponsorships coming out of the WSOP.

* For those complaining about the commercials, I just watched a TV-Rip, it's 42:45 long w/o commercials, which is standard for a 1 hour broadcast. There may have been a lot of commercial breaks, but not more commercials than usual.

* The two KK v 72 hands were awesome.

* I didn't like the KK river bet by Harabalos.

* Maybe I'm results oriented, but I think Brunson had really a pretty easy lay down with AJ vs Hellmuth on the river.

* Very surprised when Gabe said that Vegas cash games don't consider the forward motion as binding.

Very good ep, happy it's back.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Brandon guy is a tool. You won't see or hear anything from him again after this show.

As for T.Brunson. His hand was underrepped pretty big. He has to call there. Not much he can do getting 3 outted. He played for pot control and sometimes that doesn't work out.

T.Brunson is the consummate pro at that table. Just about all the other guys are LOL document players or just TV personality goofs.