Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2007, 02:34 PM

Default SofaMart clowns me, what to do?

So help me out here OOT. SofaMart has monumentally clowned me and I need some advice.

Last weekend my wife and I got a great deal on a floor model version of a leather sofa that originally goes for $1300. We paid $630 for it including delivery. We bought it from the "clearance" section of the store. It was being cleared out because it was a floor model and the latest line had different colors. We scheduled delivery of it for today.

So today of course the sofa doesn't arrive. I call them up to see what happened. The told me that they forgot to put the SOLD tags on the sofa when we bought it, and have re-sold and delivered the sofa to someone else. All they offered me was a lousy $200 credit and free delivery towards another sofa. I told them I wanted them to send me a current model of the sofa. They said they couldn't do that since all I had was a credit for $830 and the new model costs $1300.

I can cancel the order and get a refund, but screw that. I want the damn sofa and I want to make them pay for screwing up. Any tips on getting satisfaction? Call the local news "troubleshooter" guy? Better business burea? State attorney general?