Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2007, 09:27 PM

Default PLO preflop strategy

Hello all... this is my first 2+2 post.. i have played poker for 6 years now but only recently began to play PLO.. i had played the game dating as far back as 3 years.. but only over the past 6 or 7 months have i played regularly.. I have had great success in plo sng's with a roi of 48%.. and a mtt roi that is even higher.. i am not trying to sound like a braggart but simply providing some evidence that my strategy is sound.. as it is diff from what i see anyone else do.. and far diff from the way i play NLHE..
I DO NO RAISE preflop.. with the only exception being if i have a strong AA (i.e. i would not raise AA79) and i can get greater than 50% of my chips in the pot.. even playing by this rule i won't always raise with the strong AA and likely won't during early stages.. my preflop range is otherwise normal.. love connected cards and suited A with connecters (i.e. As5s67).. and standard big hands : AKQT, KKQJ, AsJsJT, etc... I will also play almost any hand if stacks are deep relative to blinds and i can put someone on premium hand(AAxx or KKxx).. people overplay these hands and play the so bad in general i find it profitable to take flops with almost any reasonable hand..

The basis of this strategy is to control pot size allowing me to have a little more play after the flop.. and rather than bluffing or trying to make any kind of advanced play i simply put myself in position as often as possible to capitalize on others mistakes.. I really would like some input from other PLO players on this strategy bcs there are centainly points in mtt's where i know this strategy isn't optimal.. but as a whole i find this immensly profitable.. thanks all