Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which Event Is Harder (experienced players only please)?
1st Chance, Higher Buyin with More Satelitte Qualifiers 13 52.00%
2nd Chance, Lower Buy in, on Friday evening 12 48.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Please give feedback on my bust-out hand

i'd push worse hands than that

[/ QUOTE ]

While i understand what you are saying it is the fact that he is UTG that makes me fold it. All players are short stacked here. They all have desperation to a degree. No one can play a hand without being willing to push since any commitment over blinds commits you. It is with this fact in mind that I say some one is about to bust soon and very soon. Op is gonna be all in within next 5-6 hands for sure. I would rather that if it is utg its better than 44. If its later position I ddont caRE if its with Q7 off. Op is not hurting here in comparisson to other stacks. M calculation is of diminished value here since he is not playing against a theory of poker as he would be earlier in the turney..but against these 3 opponents 2 of which are more desperate than he. I beleive in the ev calculation but not as gospel especially once you are at ft. This decision is made worse by the fact that bb is likely to call with any 2 here in the given scenario. He happened to hv 33 but the vast majority of the time he has 2 overs to 44.