Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Golf tilt, or, stories of huge retards on the course

This completely blew my mind today. I was playing a tightish course today and had a horrible front nine and was pretty pissed to begin. I ate a hot dog on the 10th tee and promptly drove the green (it's a 320 yard downhill par four but you have to hit it really, really high to get there). I three putted from 20-25 feet or so for my par (lol).

Doubly frustrated, I walked to hole number 11, a downhill, downwind 420 yard par four with plenty of room to swing. It's bordered on the right by the 18th, a par five, and the 18th teebox and the 11th fairway are only about 20 yards apart with light rough between them. I pulled out a new One Black, since my last one was kind of scuffed, and absolutely murdered my drive (but yanked it a little left) and rolled it up to about 2 yards short of the white tees on the 18th tee box. I yelled fore, of course, but the next group was just walking up to the tees. It's important to note that the ball was still rolling as the group walked up to the 18th tee. In total I probably hit it 340 (one of the longest drives I've ever hit), and my ball was clearly visible from my teebox.

After my three partners tee off on 11, I walk down the gap between the 11 and 18th fairways towards my ball. The group teeing off on 18 is composed of two Korean men and two Korean teenagers (races aren't relevant), who have no [censored] clue on how to hit a golf ball. I eventually make it to the 18th teebox, and my shiny One Black is missing. No one entered or left the teebox except for that group - they obviously took my ball.

At this point they are about 220 yards down their fairway, and I yell 'where's my ball?'. They don't even turn around. I'm pretty sure that I should have grabbed the cheapest ball in my bag, teed a driver as low as possible, and hit at them, but sadly I didn't do this.

I proceeded to take a free drop from the teebox and take a bogey from 80 yards out because I was so [censored] pissed. I hate my fellow golfers. Am I the only one?

e: I'm not even mentioning the two groups in front of me that each had two female golfers who couldn't hit the ball more than 100 yards and probably shot 140 while playing slow as [censored]. thanks for the five hour + round you [censored] arthritic [censored]!