Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 4: Commitment

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to make sure I have this right. We can be committed if we feel that a combination of our FE and our equity make it profitable to get AI, right?

Being committed isn't as narrowly focused as being +EV when called it is just being +EV when your stack hits the center of the table. Correctamundo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

[ QUOTE ]

I believe there is a line at the very bottom of the commitment threshold chapter that mislead me a little bit about this. I believe it says that you are committed when you expect to make money against your opponents calling range when you are AI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in this case you are 'happily committed'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to be committed way more often now. Somehow I got in my head that only am committed when I +EV when called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I thought that you were only committed when +EV if called. However, one of the major exceptions to putting in chips when not committed is when you are stealing (i.e., you have a large amount of FE).

For example, you count on a significant amount of FE when making a semi-bluff, and that semi-bluff can be absolutely the right play. But if your opponent calls your semi-bluff, you are unhappy, therefore not committed.