Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Dealer/Floor can\'t/won\'t enforce \"Verbal is Binding\".

Let me set this up so everyone is on the same page. Here in Montana no live Poker Pot can be over $300 no matter the stakes. I'm playing a 1-4 game with single $2 blind, 3 raises unless heads up then unlimited raises until pot cap of $300.

villain is a young guy back from Vegas who hit the CRAPS game for $30K. First night back he buys in for $2800 in $1 chips now most players buy in for $40-$100 so not only had the players out chipped he had 85% of the rooms $1 chips in front of him.
This night he only had about $300 in front of him and is playing his typical max raise 90% of hands pre-flop, and raising with little or nothing. He has called several players all-in raises when heads up and paid them off when he lost. So there I am one off the button and I get pocket Aces, Villain max raise every one folds to the player on my right who re-raises which put him all in. I re-raise, Villain raises back. I turn to dealer who is the Card Room manager and say "If I understand it correctly since we are heads up the raises are unlimited to the pot cap?" The dealer said thats correct. I turn to our Villain and say in that case I am willing to make an All In raise. The Villain says "I'll call any bet you make!" I say All IN and push my remaining $68 dealer said I need $68 from you (Villain). He goes what? He's trying the buy the pot I'm not calling! The whole table erupts! I ask did he not say "I will call any bet you make?" The Villain Claimed he did not understand my bet! After some heated debate the ruling is......Since it's not a No-limit game only a $4 call can be enforced he throws in his $4 and folds his hand. He whines about me who is out chipped by over $200 trying to buy the pot and he would not call an all-bet with K6o. Villain then buys $800 more in chips so he won't be pushed out of pots by people trying to
"buy" the pot.
thoughts and comments??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]