Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2007, 12:24 PM

Default 200NL Live - KK OOP, value vs. pot control

Preflop: I have two black kings in the small blind, there are two limpers, I raise to $15, one fold and one call.

Villain is a LAG. He is apparently a regular. I have never seen him before, but he knew all the other regulars and he had a huge stack of about $500. Two or three other regs were telling him to go home before he losses it like he always does. He's not afraid to make big bets, but I haven't seen much of what he's doing it with as I haven't seen him show down. I have $280.

The pot is $32 and the flop comes 345 rainbow. I bet $20, villain calls.

This is just textbook at this point, right?

Turn comes another 3, putting two spades on the board. The pot is $72, I bet $40, and villain calls.

Honestly, villain could have anything here. I didn't want to give a free card, since I still think I'm ahead. If he's drawing I'm unlikely to get anything out of him on the river, so I need to get some money in here. Is this a good line?

The pot it $152, the river brings a ten of clubs.

What do you do and why?

I bet $60 and villain goes all in. I only have $145 left. Damn, the tough choice I didn't want to make. Can I call $145 into the $417 pot?

Regardless of whether this was a call or fold, would check calling the river have been better? I was thinking value all the way, but got myself into a pickle on the end.

Thanks in advance for all comments.