Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Stars 20/180 - 14 BB\'s in SB, BB has 12 BB\'s... 11 players left

I think this is two seperate arguments, but I agree with you to a certain extent.

Say in a certain example, bassed on your hand and your opponants calling range, under normal circumstances you think a push is +cEV 5 % (of your stack). If you were not near the bubble (and assuming you are an average player) then you would be correct to push.

Now if you are on the bubble, it might not be right under some circumstance, because you have a high chance of busting out and the push is only marginally +cEV.

IF, however, because you are on the bubble, you think your opponants range is that much tighter, so you think your push would actually be +EV 15% because of his adjusted play, then you would correct to push despite bubble considerations.

The reason it is correct to push, is not because you are ignoring the bubble, but because of the extra EV caused by others adjusting (and they can even be adjusting correctly)

That said, if there's a bet which was only marginally +EV on the bubble, even after assuming others have adjusted their play, I still think it would be incorrect.