Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Interesting spot w/97o

Online game. Pretty aggro in general but MP is definitely a soft and fairly passive spot at the table. I don't know if he's capable of spazziness but he's been limping far more often than he's been raising and I'd guess he's been playing about 60-70% of his hands preflop.

Folded to him and he raises UTG+1/MP/whatever 6-handed. Basically UTG 5-handed. I'm in the BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and elect to call. I think it's kinda close, I guess -- I'd fold 96o and I'd call quickly with 98o but I'm not superexcited about the prospects of playing for 1pr here, but I think he tends to play dumb enough postflop that I'll be able to make up whatever deficit my hand has.

The flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check and he checks after pausing for a second (I was calling and c/f'ing the turn UI if he fired again). Ok, now I'm confused. The pot's only 4.5SB. Hrm.

The turn is the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I'm thinking something along the lines of bet-fold vs bet-call vs check-call vs check-fold here and all options seem intuitively really close. I don't know if he's dumb enough to check behind AK on the flop after raising it preflop. If I knew that it'd be a much easier spot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So yeah. Your play?

Rob