Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Isle of Capri and Harrahs Lake Charles

Harrah's is gone. The hurricane hit it and they did not rebuild. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Isle is still there. They have around 25 tables that take up the entire third floor of one of the boats. All Hold 'Em. They used to have Stud, but that died.

There is a jackpot. They cap it at 80K now. In the past, it would get really high. Once it was around 350K.

Limit is just 3/6/12. But I heard a rumor that the 12 bump at the end was changed/removed. I am not sure about that. I was there a month ago, but played only NL for a couple of hours.

The NL is 1/2 and 2/5. I dunno if they have anything higher.

In the old days (two years ago) they had limit 10/20 and 20/40 and they were very juicy games. They are gone gone gone. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Coushatta is about 20 minutes away to the NE. It is a nicer room in terms of decor. But there are fewer tables. I played there just once and did well at 1/2 NL. But then again, I was lucky.

If you stay at the Isle, you might want to play some of the table games. With just some action, you might be able to get comps for your room. We used to play craps and other table games and have gotten free weekends at the Isle.

There are some cheap hotels in the area. A Holiday Inn Express on Grand Street.

Best of luck there! Write a trip report and tell us all about it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]