Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Ask Cancuk about backpacking/independant travel.

[ QUOTE ]
i'm guessing you're an American

[/ QUOTE ]
yup

[ QUOTE ]
fly from Georgia to Moscow, then take the Trans Siberian to Beijing and work your way down through Tibet to Nepal

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll definitely have to look into that, because it seems like it could be damn fun way to traverse an area I didn't even think of going through.

Otherwise, I was thinking that flight was my only option, though I hear that you can generally get little puddlejumpers for a decent price over there.

I'm a bit nervous, but not as much as I am excited to get away and see everything. Even moreso to experience everything from such a perspective with no necessities in timing. Now, in the next few months I just need to make some friends in random locations reduce the cost of the trip. (Already have London, and Singapore covered!).

Oh and on a side note. One time I was in a rural area in Mexico, when a great dane (obviously angry with us for one reason or another) started charging myself and two others from about 100m away. I swear it would have taken a train to stop this beast....well, a train or a little girl screaming and chasing after it with a giant rock over her head. I believe this little girl saved much gnashing of teeth.

So if you were wondering....from a few pages back....that rock thing really does work upon occassion. =)

Thanks again for the info, I'm sure I'll post more questions as they come to me. =D