Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2007, 10:36 PM

Default HAND SWAP: 88 vs preflop 3 bettor on JTx board

Here is the hand history and the ensuing discussion with my hand swap partner. Please check my thought process and tell me if it sucks.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

<font color="red">SWAP PARTNER: Tough spot here……OOP to a 3 better with a JTx twotone flop. You were “correct” to call it down but even if we’re looking at two overcards w/ a draw we are behind in the hand. I don’t like a C/C line here and would rather C/R thrown in there to show some strength but im not sure, good hand for the forum. Maybe C/R the flop and lead any brick turn and see what happens. There’s a better line than c/c.
</font>

<font color="blue">ME: I think my plan in this hand was to fold if a Q,K, or A came on the turn or river. If the river blanked off and my opponent bet again, I would strongly consider folding, but might call – I think it is close. The reason I don’t like reopening the betting on the flop is because villain could easily make it 3-bets with KQ, AQ, or AK, especially if he has a big spade in his hand. I think in that case I would be forced to fold. Also, I know that if I check it on the flop and the turn, villain will likely double barrel with AK, AQ, and KQ.

Checking out pokerstove, with my opponents 3-betting range at 88+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+,KQo, I have ~35% equity on the flop and am getting 8:1 immediate odds, 12:5 odds to call down. The situation is better than 12:5 however, because I am not automatically calling down all turn and river cards.
</font>