Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2007, 05:13 PM

Default kinda unhealthy (6 week restart log)

Okay so I figured if I made a log like this that it would help me stay consistent. So here goes nothin.

<u>Stats</u>
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 285 lbs

I grew up as a fat kid. Lost the weight in the last two years of high school. During college my progress went up and down depending on how severe my depression/alcoholism was at the time. Usually I'd gain a bunch of weight from doing drugs and drinking all the time, then spend a couple months sober working to lose it. About two years ago my depression reached it's worst and I quit working out and eating right entirely. In those two years I was drinking almost every night (roughly 10-12 drinks a night) and abusing drugs most of the days. Being inebriated all the time made it hard to eat healthy as I never felt like cooking, so fast food and delivery became my normal food intake. In these two years I have gained over 100lbs and lost just about all of my muscle.

<u>Goals</u>
1) Start eating right
2) Start doing cardio
3) Start lifting weights

I'm taking a trip to San Francisco in October and I think if I lost some weight and improved my health I would have a better time. I'm not concerned about losing X pounds, but I will be trying to lose as much as I can. Right now I just want to start making the effort.

<u>Diet</u>
&lt; 2000 calories a day. 5-6 meals a day. Very strict on food quality (no fast/junk food).
50%/30%/20% protein/carb/fat ratio
1.5+ gallons of water a day (important for my thermogenic)

<u>Supplements</u>
Multi-Vitamin
R-ALA w/ Biotin
Taurine to supplement my...
Thermogenic
Optimum Nutrion Protein Powder (standard)

<u>Exercise</u>
Cardio: 45 minutes daily first thing in the morning on an empty stomach @ 65-70% of my max heart rate
Weights: custom 5x5 routine using the equipment available to me three days a week.

Right now the cardio is more important to me than the weights. I'm not going to be able to do my old workout routine right now, so I am going to do what I can with what I have. Right now I just want to be doing something, regardless if it's not the most optimal lifting I could be doing.

Six week span starting tomorrow. I will miss you, whiskey.