Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Arizona State Poker Championship

I do think the structure of the tournament as far as the rounds and blinds went was good. My only complaint would be the break intervals. After the first break, it was 3 45-minute rounds between each break, that was 20 mins. I would rather have had 1-1.5 hours of playing with a 10 min break in between. Also, with play starting at 9am and only just finishing now, having a longer break at some point for a meal would have been welcome. I ended up eating at the table but that's kind of annoying to have to do since I have to shift my focus away from the action.

I've got to make one brag about a play. I can't quite remember what the blinds were at the time but with about 150 players left, I'd made a standard opening raise of 3x BB from UTG+2 with 55. A big stack called from the button. Flop came K93 with two hearts. I made a continuation half-pot sized bet which he raised. I realized that my small bet on a suited board probably looked suspicious and otherwise, something about his raise just felt fishy. After contemplating, I went over-the-top all-in and he called(was pot committed.) He showed AQ (not hearts) and my fives held up to win the pot. Not sure if this was a brilliant move or a stupid one but it worked out.