Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller\'s Short Hand Strategy on Full Tilt...

going south with money is not allowed in public card rooms.

You cannot buy in for $50, double up, leave then come right back and play for $50.
There is usually a time penalty before they will seat you at another table.

At a private card room, you will get seriously hurt. Illegal gambling institutions are not filled with the nicest people. But there is a code. Ive never felt threatened walking out of a private card room with a pocket full of cash, because even though alot of the people are criminals, they respect a code of conduct. and i NEVER hit and run.
its just bad form.

This is hardly hostile to beginners, its just the truth.
Im trying to give the kid good advice. you dont play limit to learn how to play NL, and you dont learn SSS if u want to play deep stacks.

Its only gonna take longer to learn to play for real. Hes gonna be armed with some preflop ideas, but lost postflop.
how is that helping him?

From the sheer amount of his posts, it seems he wants to play for real.
If i took it the wrong way, then i sorry, go back to your SSS game.

My advice was to drop levels until he feels comfortable playing. and obviously move up when hes comfortable moving up. Losing money and taking hits is the way it works. If your afriad to take a hit then dont move up.

My big issue with people playing micro-short stacks is its an exploit. Its terribly "cheap" (please excuse the pun).
nothing more than a novelty.

Its almost like shooting angles in live poker.. sure, you can do it.. but its a real douchbag move. I dont think douchebaggery should be encouraged, lord knows theres already enough of it online.

I just feel this method is steering the person down the wrong path if they want to learn to play with deep stacks.

-hyp