Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Girlfriend vs. Random Hooksup (kinda long)

Here’s some background: I’m 21 years old and just graduated college. I’ve been dating a girl for 3 years and our relationship is great. We’ve lived together for a year and half. We obviously have the occasion minor disagreement, but we never yell at each other and every disagreement has resolved itself in a few hours.

Anyway, the vast majority of guys I talk to tell me I’m missing out on my youth. I should be banging random girls left and right. There seems to be an element of “guy culture” that promotes extreme promiscuity as a desirable goal that EVERY guy should strive for. It’s like, when you are 25 and below and you have to make a decision between having a stable girlfriend vs. [censored] random girls, you should take the latter. I just don’t understand why people insist that’s the way to go. I assure you that I am much happier and have sex much more often with a stable girlfriend than if I were trying to get with lots of random girls. People seem to understand this…yet…they still try to insist that I should “live up my youth”.

Also, since most people end up settling down with one woman, it seems like it the best long-term strategy. So why not do it now!?

While hooking up with random girls occasionally isn’t inherent a bad strategy, it annoys me that it is often considered by far the optimal strategy for young guys.