Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2007, 01:58 PM

Default A different kind of Bankroll Question

So in about a month, or maybe a little less, I'm going to be inheriting a couple thousand dollars. I planned to use this money to pay off quite a few outstanding bills I have, but I also wanted to use it to pad my bankroll. So now I have a few miscellaneous questions I'd like to ask. Let's put the amount I'll contribute to poker at $2000 for simplicity's sake.

1. Should I put it all on one site and play only there, or spread my money around? If so, which site do you guys recommend as far as the easiest money?

2. Should I move up in limits considerably since I will have the bankroll to fund it? Right now I play .25/.50 FR on FTP. $2000 dollars in and of itself is 500BB at 2/4 limit. Of course, I have not played beyond the occasional .5/1 game, so are the games tougher? Should I just stick with .5/1 or 1/2 until I can safely beat them and then move up even though I have the bankroll to cover 2/4?

3. Bonus whoring.. it's still helpful I assume. Which site or sites do you guys recommend I use to get my bonus on? I am no longer trying to maximize a $100 bankroll, but now a $2000 bankroll. I've looked around at various bonus sites and rakeback sites, but would like some of your input.

4. Is it a dumb idea for a newb like me to even be putting $2000 into their bankroll at this point? Are there better things I could spend my money on if I'm too fresh into playing poker? Perhaps $1000 is a better number. Perhaps just $500. Or is it "the more money, the better!"

Thanks a lot guys. Looking forward to your insights.

Nick