Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Party Regs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I really think that that's not poor etiquette and it's just good poker. You have a read on your opponents raising range, you adjust your 3betting range to exploit it. What could possibly be wrong with that? It's like people banning check/raising in home games.

[/ QUOTE ]
you can do that all day. But i think its just -ev if some huge 80/60 fish who stacks off super light just called UTG
and your raising a mediocre hand to isolate him and jerkoff SB starts 3betting big all the time. Its just -ev.. I can start to do that too you too and bully you back and then we are battling each other while we could earn much more if we just both trying to take stabs at the huge fish.

I agree its good poker if all the retards just folded, or if your sitting at a table with very mediocre to good players. But not if your trying to isolate a huge fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ofc it's not ev- the notion that you should have the fish to yourself just because you raised his limp and have better relative position is flat out ridiculous. If you can't handle being reraised with marginal cards I suggest that you limp