Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: $27 88 limp in 25/50

[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong with committing a big portion of your stack when you have an edge. I agree with the raising to 200-250. But what I don't understand, is how calling to make it a 4-way pot is better than raising to make it heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a huge problem with it when your edge is very minimal, and the chips in the pot aren't worth much. Ok, so you bet 250. You're called and overcards hit, which they will 50% of the time. Throw in a cbet (~300 is proper if headsup), and now you've invested a little over 1/3rd your stack, and you have to let it go when raised or if pf caller donkbets into you.

Limping 22-JJ is completely standard up to 25/50, unless it's open on the button, where I'll standard raise knowing that if I'm called, a cbet doesn't commit me and will work 2/3 the time.

You limp to play for set value. You also don't care if it's 4-handed, because there's a great chance that when you do hit your set, at least one of the other players has a hand they like enough to give you their stack.