Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 11:32 AM

Default C/R AI?

I know a lot of people recomend crai on this kind of flop but to me it seems really odd. I did it and everyone folded here but it really seems like too much of a bet.

.01/.02NL on stars

Hero $7.89 SB
villain $2.32 UTG
VIllain (2) $4.86 UTG+1

Hero has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I complete and see a flop
K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, bb checks, villain bets .06, villain(2) raises to .12, Hero bets $5, everyone folds.

Hero gets lambasted for 5 min on his horible overbet to which I say... wow Ive never met a .01/.02 pro before can I have your autograph.

Is this the right play? Everyone here seems to recomend it. Is there a time where you are so deep that a raise to $2 here would have been good? Im assuming your goal is to take the pot down right there but if they call you are probably a favorite. Is this the correct thinking? I think the concept is interesting but it really seems like a HUGE over bet. I realize that if you raise and have a blank turn you are now forced to make a decent sized donk bet or check fold. Is the CRAI used so you dont need to decided on a line for the blank turn?

edit* sorry forgot to say what I had.