Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 10:03 AM

Default First hand on the final table

Help me out here. I dont know what to do next time. Its the first hand on the final table of a multi table tournament. Nine players left and im on the SB with 17K short stacked. Next to me is the BB. Also with a short stack and just a little more than I have.

The blinds are 600/1200

All players fold to me on the small blind and i have 95 offsuite.

Now I want to make it to the top 3 or else im not satisfied, but im also short stacked. So im going to give not going to give my chips away. I need them more then anyone else. I am going to raise the big blind and I do so with a raise to 3.600 with my 95 offsuite.

Here comes: the BB calls my raise and we go to the flop, which is: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I am first to act and bet 3.600 and again the big blind just calls my bet.

The turn K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , now i don't know if I do well by betting again 3.600 and leave myself with about 7K. The big blinds again only calls my bet.

The river is a blank. I bet again 3.600 and the big blind calls me again and i loose. What did I do wrong. Ill let you know what he had later in the post.

Help me out! What went wrong and why?