Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Value Items (Your Experiences and Recommendations)

My first thread here. I thought I'd make a classic movie thread, but figured we have several movie threads, so maybe I'll wait a bit before I make one.

Mainly this is a thread dedicated to value in relation to cost. As I look around my house, I see items that have little value (in relation to the price) and items that have great value (in relation to the price). Obviously some things bare more use to each individual (maybe that 15k guitar is really worth it for you), so don't hold back.

Some examples in my case are:

Portable Radio (high value)
Magazine Subscription (moderate/high value)

Now the portable radio is a 10$ am/fm model I bought at Old Navy. This thing sits in my bathroom and provides hours of value for when I am taking baths, sitting on the can, in the shower, etc... It literally is the most valuable (value to dollar ratio) item in my house. Now this item may be out of circulation, but I am sure you can pick up a cheap alternative (possibly even ipod compatible).

The Rolling Stone Magazine keeps me up to date w/ the pop world + has sexy photos of women. Its not really a "household item", but an item in my house none the less. For about 1$ a month I get 26 magazine a year. INTERRUPTION: (Venus Williams looks good on Letterman right now) IMO, these magazine have more value than say a pack of gum or a coffee you get for 1$.

So I guess I'd like to hear your recommendations; weather it is cologne/ hygiene product, electronic product, or just some random thing that has struck you. I am more inclined to hear about bang for the buck type of stuff as apposed to "my 86 inch plasma kicks ass" (unlessthe plasma is under $100k or whatever it costs).

Move to OOT if unworthy.