Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: You have a small-mid pair in position vs a 5x BB raise. You? (feel free to discuss whether or not
Call 4 5.33%
Fold 71 94.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Interesting ethics question

Another post that isn't sure if this is the right forum.

I am playing in a Bi-weekly home game tourney with the same 10 guys each tourney. We are playing a 20 tourney series that awards points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. 3 points for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd.

We have all decided to only pay the top 2 places, and the third place money will be put into a fund that will award the top point getter an entry into the BC poker championships ($2700).

The winner of the entry, if he cashes, will get 60% of his winnings. The remaining 40% will be split between the other 9 of us.

The ethics question is as follows;

Since each of us have a piece of the action of the winner, if one of us is mathematically eliminated from being able to win the seat, is it ok to alter your game to influence who might win.

At this point, there is a clear leader in points but I don't think he is the best candidate to play in the big tourney. There are still a few guys who could catch him that I feel would give all of us a better shot at making a little extra money. If I made it heads up with one of them, would it be wrong to chip dump so that they would get more points?

I'm not the type of person to soft play anyone so don't get the wrong impression, I'm just wondering if having a stake in the winner of our series should have an effect on how I play, or anyone else.

Please answer the poll as well as posting your reasons for your answer. I have already talked about this with almost everyone in the tourney and we all seem to agree on the answer. I say almost everyone because 2 people missed tonight, including the points leader but I know he will find out that I don't think he is the best choice, so everyone knows/will know about my question.

Thanks for the replies.