Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Sonics are as good as gone?

[ QUOTE ]
TBH, the people did not vote for the M's new stadium, we were FORCED to pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We didn't vote for it twice.

Meanwhile, the Seattle Public schools went bankrupt because of it. Nice that they sacrificed the 'kids' for a few years on that one. But what the hell, we'll also have the kids do a bake sale for a tree that was supposed to be donated to them. The priority of the city is pretty effed up. Then to top it off, the Mariners "let us off the hook"(per Lincoln) for the cost overruns. Those same overruns that they said they'd pay for in the first place but then tried to force us to pay for. F*ck the mariners.

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a joke anyways that public money has to be paid for new stadiums to be built. Then this [censored] think its THEIR stadium/arena.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

But then everyone going to the game or buying their merchandise is sending a nice message that, even though you screw the public, the public will still support you. The dollar speaks more than someones opinion. Which is why I won't give one cent to the mariners directly. That's how I vote.

At least we voted for Qwest field. Even though the city paid, at least the people wanted it.

Let 'em go to Okl. One of these days fans will finally wise up and get some balls and make these owners pay for their own stuff.

I also agree that an owner should be able to move wherever they want. They own the team. If it's a bad market, he should feel it the most. The problem is the government, or governments of other cities, provides them with a safety net.

You get what you pay for. Most don't want to realize they're paying to screw themselves. The city not cowing down to the sonics is a step in the right direction.

b