Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Canterbury 8/16 K5s UTG. WTF was I doing in this hand?

Live 8/16. Players in this game are typically LAG-ish Canterbury 8/16 players. Assume for the purposes of this hand that you are at the tail end of a very frustrating session, are marginally up when you should be a 3,472 BB winner, and have racked up to leave.

I look down at K5s, decide to set fire to my 5BB victory, and stupidly limp UTG. Anthony (short, skinny Asian LAG) is UTG+1 and raises, which means he probably has a pair, an ace, two cards with paint, or a funny feeling.

MP, a sunglasses-wearing 15/30 player, who thinks he is way better than he is, and is being forced to play 8/16 because his game broke, three-bones it, which he does with a wide range of hands. Bad player in LP cold calls. Melanie pauses from chewing her ice and telling us all how she would have won the last hand if she had stayed in, considers 4-balling, then cold calls.

The only good player in the game folds the BB and I get ready to muck. I notice Anthony is already calling, which closes out the action, and count the 14 bets in the pot. Getting 7:1, I call.

Flop is KT4 with two spades. I have Kd5d, so I bet out. I totally suck at hand-reading, but am pretty good at reading emotions, so rejoice at the wave of revulsion I feel wash over the table. Everyone but the truly bad player calls, which is not good.

Turn is a red J, and naturally I bet again. Sunglasses and Mel call.

River is the Ks, putting both straight and flush on the board, and giving me trips. Having led with my K the whole way, I now check, planning to check-call because every possible draw has now come in except for an AJ preflop three-bet by Sunglasses.

Sunglasses insta-bets and Mel folds (later claiming QQ, which is probably [censored]). I suddenly decide Sunglasses MUST have AQ, but because I know I suck at hand-reading, and because the pot is big, and because I have trips for crying out loud, I call.

Please feel free to berate my play, but I already know that my original K5s limp shows how much I hate the dollars.