Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2007, 04:06 PM

Default To All Sites: Stealing Focus actually slows down the games

To all online poker sites:

The function of your software that steals the focus on my computer when it is my turn to act actually slows down the games, rather than speed them up as I am sure was intended.

Consider the following, Joe Multi-Tabler is playing 6 tables across 3 different sites. He is in the process of entering his bet size on Table 1 at Site A, when Table 4 at Site B all of sudden demands his attention and steals the focus of his computer. Well the decision at table 4 is not an easy one, so he doesn't have time to make it and then go back to Table 1. As a result, he must take his hands off the keyboard, reach for his mouse, reactivate Table 1, and finish typing in his bet before he moves on to his decision at Table 4. All of this, adds about 8 seconds to the total time it takes Joe to finish his decision at Table 1 and begin processing the decision at Table 4. The upshot is, ALL of the games he is playing are slowed down.

I know many people rely on this focus stealing function, but you should at least give the user the option to disable it. It will speed up all the games and the house will collect more rake per hour.