Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Stars response on a chronic staller, with no reason to stall.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if I am having weird connection issues in a $1k and timing out here and there I better still have my full 15 seconds to act when I reconnect. In essence, there is no real solution that punishes offenders adequately while in the breath allows those who need the time to continue to use it as they are afforded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not a Windows software pro by any means, but it seems to me like it's relatively easy for software program like PokerStars to tell the difference between disconnect/network problems and slowness to act. If someone shows no signs of disconnection or network issues AND they do it repeatedly, then I think we have a problem that needs to be addressed. Sure, sometimes you have an emergency and you need to run back and forth so you might use up the full time a bunch of times in a row. But if you're going down to the point RIGHT before the timeback fires up for many hands in a row over a series of tournaments, then that is 99%+ not legitimate (ie, the person is not slow for a valid outside reason) in my opinion and is intentional stalling. Regardless of the current rule allowing this type of behavior, I think that it is against the spirit of the game and a rule should be put in place to disallow it or discourage it. If I worked at PokerStars and could consult with the software people, I would be working on wording to define such a violation so it is clear and fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how reliable this is, but I thought PS already had something like this--when you mouse over someone's name, it gives some %age for their internet connection. It's not apparent to me how robust this is (it seems to only give other people at the table an indication of connection status and if it's not used for anything else, probably isn't that critical to be absolutely correct) but it seems to do what you're suggesting software wise.

And yeah, I think everyone here things that something should be done going forward. Only question is figuring what should be allowed (bubble?) and how to implement it.