Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Serious Question for Christians and others

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you notready..... I was looking for serious answers...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome. Let me add a couple things. I've been a Christian for 30+ years. I never considered the age of the earth or universe, or even evolution(except as it pertains to atheism), as all that important. Only in the last few months I have been looking at the questions seriously, and mostly because I think those questions are beginning to divide the church more than in the past. They still are not important from the standpoint of the Gospel.

I think most of the young earth creationists are solid Christians in many ways even though I'm beginning to disagree with them on these issues. If you want some in depth treatment go to reasons.org which is Hugh Ross' site. I don't buy everything he says but he has a lot of good stuff that will help define the issues.

For theology and the Bible I recommend Southern Baptist, Presbyterian Church in America, Orthodox Presbyterian and Reformed Baptist as major denominations that stick pretty close to the Gospel - I'm sure there are others and I would suggest you pay attention to how a church views the Bible - the quickest giveaway is a church that doesn't view the Bible as the inspired Word of God.

Good luck and feel free to ask anytime - if I don't know I usually know where to look.