Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Alone in the shower, do you?
Pee 122 28.24%
Masturbate 77 17.82%
Open blow your nose 108 25.00%
Hack out a loogie 81 18.75%
Wash butt then face 44 10.19%
Voters: 432. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Donkey?? should i play 22 in this situation

$100 tourney live at borgata AC with 5k starting chips and level is 1k/2k with 300 ante. i am 2nd at table with 53k. everyone else playing decent/tight except donkey who is chip leader with 75k and has sucked out about 4 times with A rag and JJ vs KK where he calls an all in for his tourney with Q on the board.

i am in SB. Super Donk is under gun and limps for 2k, like a donk would do. middle position raises all in for 9.5k which i would expect him to do with any decent hand and donk limping. everyone folds to me in SB with 1k already lost.

i look at 22.

Question: would you risk 9.5k, expecting donk to call, so you could play against donk heads up for side pot??

i would always fold this hand, but i really wanted to play side pot with donk. so i called. with implied odds, that i lose the 9.5k, but have a chance to take my remaining 43.5k against the donk and have a chance to stack him. for a total implied odds of 5 - 1 ( 43.5 - 9.5). so even if he had a pair i was 4 -1 dog and had a chance to stack him. my investment in main pot is considered lost, because i know the all in is decent and probably has me beat, but that is not why i call.

had this discussion with a friend and he said i was dead wrong to play and ended up telling me about this board, so this is my first post, and wanted to see if people agree or disagree with my reasoning.

THANKS