Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 PM

Default \"healthy\" foods in the frozen food section--post favorites

so as much as we all talk about making tons of super healthy prepared meals and putting them in tupperwares and consuming 4 of them a day with a couple of protein shakes or whatever, real life does creep in so i thought i would start a somewhat practical eating thread of favorite quick fix meals you can buy prepackaged or whatever.

i have a couple of current faves from kraft's "south beach diet" section of meals.

their little pizzas aren't too bad to taste or officially horrible for you. Nutrition breakdown is roughly the followin: 340 cals, 30g protein, 3.5 grams saturated fat (10 total), 10g fiber and obv. low in sugar.

they have some breakfast wrap things (egg, turkey saugage, veggie, whole wheat shell) that are about 175 cals and same breakdown of nutrients on a smaller scale.
best quick hot morning meal i could find when you need to eat in the car.

the other thing i have been doing is making a ton of the "steamfresh" frozen microwaveable veggies from birdseye.
good flavors and good mixes of diff. veggies. super super easy, no need for a bowl or adding water or anything. 5 minutes to eating the way your grandmother always wanted you to, lol.

please share your "healthiest" alternative quick foods that come from the dreaded frozen section. i know i will tire of these quickly and need something new when in desperate need and want to avoid the fast food curse. thanks. J.