Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2007, 03:28 AM

Default hit by truck (now legal crap) and need 2p2 advice plz

Due to the nature of this post, it is pertinent that you know i am a female...
July 27, I got rear-ended by a big Isuzu Cargo truck on my way to Santa Barbara on the 101 freeway...i have a lil older 4Runner-that he hit- bumper & high up into my tailgate. SO he starts to pull away, but i got out and said "you're not leaving are you??" of which he responds "no, i'm pulling over to the shoulder" but that was dumb b/c we're in the left lane & cars are flying by - and that is 3 lanes there...so i said, write your infomation and it'll take 2 minutes and we'll be on our way. He does- then i write his license plate number. He's real nice. SO then i call- number outta service! It takes me 5 days to track down the Company name on the internet- and i call them, no Mike works for them! SO after giving his physical description, and the license plate number- the company figures out it's Dave and it one of their drivers at another branch. Santa Barbara is 2 hours (non-LA traffic time) up the coast from me at the LA coast..so i am going to SB again tomorrow for the weekend to 'deal' with this situation (b/c the company branch is way up towards SB). I didn't report to my ins co. b/c this shouldn't be on my driving record.
I'd like solid advice from 2p2 on how i handle this situation. I could go to the cops too b/c of fraudulent infomation but i don't want Dave coming after me.
Please advise...