Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBV
This is clearly B, B, or V 4 6.35%
double you tea eff mate? 8 12.70%
TGIF Mate! 6 9.52%
BBV gets worse every day 14 22.22%
BBV gets better every day 10 15.87%
BBV got so bad it was good but now the downward spiral is like looking like Snakes on a Plane 2 starring Heratio Sanz (no samuel L= beat zomg) 11 17.46%
Danza, ysscky 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Ozzy87 busted for speeding

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if Ozzy was acting nervous and jittery when the cop asked him if he could search his car and he said no? The cop then calls the K9 unit and has a drug sniffing dog show up. In most, if not all states, if the dog "hits" on the car they have the right to search it. Just because you don't give them the consent to search your car doesn't mean they can't/won't come up with a reason to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once the cops are done asking you questions all you need to do is ask if they are detaining you. If not, you can go. If they are and they don't have probable cause for doing so they're in deep [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that's how it works in the real world? My mom is a retired police officer. I got to ride with her many times when I was younger. Believe me, 99% of the people that think they can "beat" the cops lose.

In theory what you're saying should be true but it isn't. Who do you think the courts are going to believe...the cop or the guy who was driving like a maniac, speeding, carrying false ID, in possession of illegal drugs and paraphernalia and tested positive? My $$ goes on the cop.

I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest with anyone but some people can be naive about how things work in the real world.

[/ QUOTE ]

True.

I was arguing with a friend today. He got pulled over on a traffic stop the other day and gave the cop some grief.

The friend's brother turns out to know the cop. The cop says he almost maced my friend because he thought he was being "aggressive."

My friend said he wished he had so he could cash in on a lawsuit. I said the cop would probably just say my friend lunged at him. "It's my word against his," my friend said.

"Exactly," I said.