Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Strange call by Roothlus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ian, wtf that sounded really racist. he's prob rusty but vs a lot of people I don't mind this call esp at 20r if He was CO and you were a blind I think his call should be standard since people have adjusted properly from shoving any Ax to shoving hands that are likely to be live. And make of these hands are Kx and Qx and this calling with KQ is much better then people realize.

Also, I think 20r has new blind structure so that means at 100/200 theres no antees so I hate the call obv a lot more but with antees and move each of them back a spot or two and this call is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
But he didn't raise from CO. It is real unlikely I have Qx/Kx. More likely 88-QQ or AK/AQ. I really don't think you should assume I would be straight restealing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Ruthlus know your game? He probably gave you a much wider range that included some typical resteal hands when you are rarely/never pushing those here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know Roothlus' game and I wouldn't push with a resteal hand if he raised on the button. I wouldn't push with a resteal type hand against an early position raiser anyway unless he was raising very loosely. I will make a big reraise allin frequently. In this situation I am probably pushing AQ+, 99-QQ and maybe AA/KK. I don't know how I play AQo here.

There is some wild play in the 2nd hour of the 20r and I have seen people pushing against early position raisers with restealing hands, but I don't think it is a good play. It is possible people assume the push is a resteal.