Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

There is no way to prove whether it is evolutionary or cultural, but the general idea is that women are attracted to men who have higher social value.

In the old days men in general had higher social value than women because women for the most part didn't have the same opportunities that they have today. So it wasn't that hard for a man to display higher social value.

I think it is pretty clear that social value has a lot to do with attraction. It is true in the animal world and every indication is that is has always been true among humans.

I think the idea of the neg is only supposed to apply to women with the most social value (usually those that have the most beauty). But regardless, I think the idea is that when a man subtlely communicates to the woman that he does not need her approval, that displays higher social value and is attractive to women.

I've read the Mystery Method book and while much of it doesn't apply to me, because I don't go to clubs and try to pick up young girls, the theory of attraction and social dynamics behind it is very interesting and brilliant in my opinion. The idea is that social dynamics and the working of attraction have not changed, the way in which these things manifest themselves have changed. The things that gave your grandfather high social value no longer give you high social value.