Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much?
$1,000 37 16.97%
$2,000 41 18.81%
$3,000 24 11.01%
$4,000 13 5.96%
$5,000 48 22.02%
$7,000 55 25.23%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Exodus Story In Doubt

[ QUOTE ]
"I am also still waiting for your answer about what would qualify as evidence that this event didn't occur if absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence."

Inherent contradictions within the primary source, or the primary source contradicting established evidence in other matters, thus making the source dubious to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it.
And when she had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews' children.
Then said his sister to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?
And Pharaoh's daughter said to her, Go. And the maid went and called the child's mother.
And Pharaoh's daughter said unto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And the women took the child, and nursed it.

Exodus 2:5-9
King James Version

Let’s completely ignore Moses’s sister (a stranger and lowly slave) running up to Pharoah’s daughter through all her guards, and maids.
Let’s completely ignore the anonymity of the primary villain in the single most important event to a people.

Is paying your slaves contradictory enough?