Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 AM

Default 4/180 AA in the BB

Still learning the game and need to check whether a strategy I employed is reasonable given the circumstances. About 35 left, top 18 pay but I was playing to win so needed a stack.

I had approximately half the average chip stack so when I saw AA I guess I wanted to try and get maximum value. (and risk getting sucked out, double up put me back in contention, current stack had me push/folding) Villian has been very active and this is his standard opening raise. I probably appear to be weak due to some previous hands mentioned below.

Thoughts would be appreciated. (Completely wrong? Some merit?)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 (t2540)
CO (t6114)
Button (t5734)
Hero (t2665)
BB (t3008)
UTG (t9903)
MP1 (t9615)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t755</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t605, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1510) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

I had recently tried 2 steals and had to fold to an all-in reraise preflop and an all in raise post flop. I thought if MP1 had been watching he might take a shot at this pot given the BB call and I was willing to risk a free card.

Thoughts on this much appreciated. (Is it a common beginners mistake etc)